Our clients include many of Central Texas’ most prominent Architects, Engineers, Contractors, and Specialty Contractors, together with their Insurers, and a number of Owners [both public and private], Developers and Homebuilders. The industry participants who make up our practice include the following:
Our clients include some of the oldest and largest architectural firms in Austin, as well as some of the youngest and smallest firms. Members of our firm have been active in architectural organizations, including board service on the local chapter of the American Institute of Architects. We regularly write amicus briefs for the Texas Society of Architects on matters of industry importance.
We represent the largest structural engineering firms in Austin, and most of the largest Austin-based mechanical and civil engineering firms. We represent the largest geotechnical engineering firm in Texas. For years we were the outside general counsel of the Texas Council of Engineering Companies [now the American Council of Engineering Companies of Texas], and regularly write amicus briefs for them on matters of industry importance.
We are panel counsel for most of the professional liability insurers of Architects and Engineers.
We represent a number of public entities, including Central Counties, Municipalities, Water Supply Corporations, and Hospital Districts.
We handle construction-related matters for major private owners such as insurance companies, developers, and the owners of the largest office portfolios in Austin.
We represent several of the largest general contractors in Austin. We belong to the Association of General Contractors (AGC), the Home Builders Association (HBA) of Greater Austin, the Texas Association of Builders (TAB), and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
We have represented a number of Austin’s specialty contractors, including roofers, drywall contractors, commercial painters, exterior coating contractors, mechanical and electrical contractors, and other skilled trade contractors.
- “They bring fresh air to the most challenging situations.”
- “Comfortable security tinged with wisdom.”
- “They have no competition.”
- “Everyone in field speaks about them as if they are the only [construction attorneys].”
- “It’s a good law firm that knows the industry and understands our needs.”
- “They make us feel comfortable and we trust them.”
- “[Allensworth & Porter is] accessible, hands-on, flexible and responsive.”
- “…friendly and approachable, they speak our language.”
- “…best guys I know of.”
- “…in-tune and informed about our industry…”
- “…we like ‘em!”