Sara Whittington “Whitney” Knight focuses on strategically crafting and negotiating large-scale commercial construction contracts for owners and design professionals to mitigate risk at the beginning of a project and to protect clients against costly disputes down the road.
In addition to her contract work, Whitney also handles construction litigation, professional liability issues, and dispute resolution matters. She has represented owners, architects, landscape architects, engineers, interior designers, contractors, and subcontractors in litigation, risk management, and contract drafting and negotiation.
A native of Austin, Whitney is passionate about preserving the City’s history and character while promoting sustainable development through her profession and through her leadership involvement in the Downtown Austin Alliance.
Supreme Court of Texas (2010)
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas (2018)
Industry Involvement & Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Construction Law Section | Member (2012-Present)
- Austin Bar Association, Construction Law Section | Member (2012-Present)
- Austin Bar Association, Austin Young Lawyers Association | Member (2012-Present)
- Downtown Austin Alliance | Executive Committee Vice-Chair (Present); Executive Committee Treasurer (2018-2020); Executive Committee Secretary (2017-2018); Board Member (2017-Present)
- I Live Here I Give Here | BIG Give Committee Member (2017-Present)
- Travis County Women Lawyers Association | Member (2017-Present)
- Super Lawyers, Texas Rising Stars | Construction Litigation (2018-2020)
J.D., University of San Diego Law School (2010)
B.A., Political Science, with distinction, University of Colorado (2005)