Tyler O’Halloran defends design professionals in disciplinary and registration proceedings and handles complex construction litigation cases for clients from all over the construction industry. From design defect defense cases, to large, multi-party construction disputes involving document-intensive litigation, Tyler has extensive experience identifying the key issues critical to a client’s success and harnessing technology to manage complex cases.
Tyler graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism in 2007, where he was captain of the swimming and diving team during his final two years. He received his J.D. from The University of Texas School of Law in 2012 and has been practicing in Austin since graduation.
Prior to joining Allensworth & Porter, Tyler was an associate at other law firms in Austin. His practice ranged from the management of national toxic tort defense to appellate practice in the Texas Supreme Court on governmental immunity issues. He has significant experience with electronic discovery and helps advise clients on best practices for e-discovery management. Tyler loves learning about new technology and believes that such a practice is vital to providing the most efficient and cost-effective legal service to the firm’s clients.
Tyler remains active in several Longhorn Athletics support organizations and holds a fundamental belief that the key to a healthy and peacefully functioning society is proper use of the “thank you” wave while driving.
- The Supreme Court of Texas, 2012
- The U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Industry Involvement and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Construction Law Section | Member
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section | Member
- State Bar of Texas, Computers and Technology Section | Member
- Austin Bar Association, Construction Law Section | Board Member (2018)
- Austin Young Lawyers Association | Member
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 2012
- B.A., Journalism, The University of Texas at Austin, 2007