From contract to closeout, Travis helps clients from all areas of the commercial construction industry strategize, manage, and execute their objectives.
Travis represents diverse clients including owners, EPC contractors, and design professionals in contract drafting and negotiation and in complex litigation. Having spent his career practicing construction law, he understands risk profiles, leverage, and strategies clients can implement to manage risk. In addition, he has extensive experience handling complex project closeout issues, and resolving lien, bond, warranty, and defective work claims so that all parties can obtain closure at the end of a project.
When claims arise, Travis guides his clients through the dispute resolution process. From design and construction defect disputes and delay claims, to professional liability disputes, to administrative claims involving the Texas Department of Transportation and the State Office of Administrative Hearings, Travis gives straight-forward advice and strategic recommendations to minimize liability and quickly put disputes to rest.
Travis was one of the first lawyers in Texas to become Board Certified® in Construction Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He earned his J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law, where he was a member of the Texas Review of Law and Politics, and prior to that, graduated cum laude at the University of Texas at El Paso with a B.S. in political science and a minor in legal reasoning.
Licenses and Certifications
Supreme Court of the United States (2013)
Supreme Court of Texas (2005)
- Admitted to the U.S. Districts Courts for Western (2006), Eastern (2012), Northern (2011), and Southern (2012) Districts of Texas
- Board Certified® in Construction Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (2017)
- Super Lawyers, Construction Litigation | Austin, Texas (2019)
- Super Lawyers , Texas Rising Stars | Construction Litigation (2009-2011, 2014-2019)
Industry Involvement and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Construction Law Section | Member (2005-Present)
- Austin Bar Association, Construction Law Section | Member (Present); Chairman (2012-2013); Vice-Chair (2011-2012); Secretary/Treasurer (2010-2011)
- Austin Bar Association | Breakfast with the Judiciary, Sub-committee Chair (2012-2013)
RBI Austin | Board of Advisors (2009-Present)
J.D., University of Texas School of Law (2005)
B.S., cum laude, Political Science, University of Texas at El Paso (2002)