Travis Brown is Board Certified® in Construction Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He practices in the area of construction law and also construction litigation, lien and bond claims, project closeout, and professional liability. He regularly represents owners, engineers, architects, general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers.
Mr. Brown’s practice also focuses on assisting commercial owners and contractors in project closeout disputes, by resolving lien claims and defective work at the end of a project, so that owners can move into permanent financing and all parties can obtain closure on the project in question. In addition, Mr. Brown defends design professionals in commercial design errors and omissions disputes.
Additionally, Mr. Brown has extensive experience handling disputes involving the Texas Department of Transportation. Specifically, Travis has taken multiple cases through the TxDOT administrative claims process—both within the agency and litigating such claims at the State Office of Administrative Hearings—seeking additional compensation for clients on highway construction projects. Travis also defends design professionals and contractors against claims brought by TxDOT for defective work and scheduling delays.
Mr. Brown graduated from the University of Texas at El Paso, cum laude, in 2002, with a B.S. in Political Science and a minor in legal reasoning. He then earned his J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law in 2005, where he was a member of the Texas Review of Law and Politics.
Licenses and Certifications
Supreme Court of the United States (2013)
Supreme Court of Texas (2005)
- Admitted to the U.S. Districts Courts for Western (2006), Eastern (2012), Northern (2011), and Southern (2012) Districts of Texas
- Board Certified® in Construction Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (2017)
- Super Lawyers, Construction Litigation | Austin, Texas (2019)
- Super Lawyers , Texas Rising Stars | Construction Litigation (2009-2011, 2014-2019)
Industry Involvement and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Construction Law Section | Member (2005-Present)
- Austin Bar Association, Construction Law Section | Member (Present); Chairman (2012-2013); Vice-Chair (2011-2012); Secretary/Treasurer (2010-2011)
- Austin Bar Association | Breakfast with the Judiciary, Sub-committee Chair (2012-2013)
RBI Austin | Board of Advisors (2009-Present)
J.D., University of Texas School of Law (2005)
B.S., cum laude, Political Science, University of Texas at El Paso (2002)