Steven Hardt advises public and private sector clients on complex commercial construction and infrastructure contracts, including design-build and public-private partnership (P3) agreements. From procurement, to contract drafting and negotiation, to project management, Steven helps clients develop sophisticated legal solutions and strategies to bring innovative projects to life.
Before joining Allensworth & Porter, Steven represented owners on major transportation and infrastructure projects in Texas, California, Maryland, and Michigan. He also served as in-house counsel at Taylor Engineering Group, where he oversaw international energy procurement deals including the purchase, development, construction, and maintenance of wind farms, natural gas power plants, and solar facilities.
After graduating from Baylor University School of Law, Steven clerked for the Texas Supreme Court’s Commission on Children, Youth and Families chaired by the Hon. Eva Guzman.
- Supreme Court of Texas (2010)
- Supreme Court of Oklahoma (2012)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas (2018)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Oklahoma (2018)
Industry Involvement and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Construction Law Section: Member (2013-Present)
- Austin Bar Association, Construction Law Section: Member (2018-Present)
- Austin Bar Association, Austin Young Lawyers Association: Member (2018-Present)
- J.D., Baylor University School of Law (2010)
- B.S., University of Texas at Austin (2007)