Nicholl Wade helps clients in the construction industry solve problems and put disputes to rest, so they can focus on the people and projects that drive them. She advocates for clients involved in construction and design defect disputes, contract payment and termination issues, lien and bond claims, and project closeout issues. Nicholl always puts her clients first, offering them strategic advice, steadfast representation, and long-lasting partnerships.
Prior to joining Allensworth & Porter, Nicholl practiced construction law and commercial litigation in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, where she represented private businesses, public entities, and individuals in both state and federal courts, with a particular focus on construction litigation.
Nicholl earned her J.D. from Texas Tech University School of Law, where she graduated magna cum laude. Drawn to the courtroom early in law school, Nicholl was a legal intern in the Thirteenth Court of Appeals in Corpus Christi and rose to the national level in National Tax Moot Court, where she was a quarterfinalist and won the award for best brief.
- Supreme Court of Texas (2015)
- Admitted to the U.S. District Courts for the Western, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of Texas (2018)
- Admitted to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (2018)
Industry Involvement and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Construction Law Section | Member (2015-Present)
- Austin Bar Association, Construction Law Section | Board Member (2020-Present); Member (2019-Present)
- Austin Bar Association, Austin Young Lawyers Association | Member (2019-Present)
- City of Austin Board of Adjustment | Board Member (Present)
- Travis County Women Lawyers Association | Member (Present)
- Super Lawyers, Texas Rising Stars | Construction Litigation (2019-2020)
- 360 West Magazine, Top Attorney | Commercial Litigation (2018)
- J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, magna cum laude (2015)
- M.A., Psychology, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (2012)
- B.A., Psychology, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (2009)
- Obtained favorable judgment for awning contractor, foreclosed on lien, and obtained attorneys’ fees.
- Defended architect in a design defect claim over public housing project and secured favorable settlement and dismissal of claim.
- Defended architectural firm and individual architect through settlement against malpractice and fraud claims involving bidding process and obtained favorable settlement and dismissal of claim.
- Defended electrical subcontractor and secured a favorable settlement against negligence, warranty, and breach of contract claims involving electrical wiring of a public school.
- Defended masonry and framing subcontractors against negligence and construction defect claims involving high-end custom homes and secured favorable settlement and dismissal of claims.
- Represented concrete and solar panel subcontractors in payment disputes and secured outstanding payments and retainage.
- Represented banking institution in a defective design claim, resulting in favorable settlement.
- Represented restaurant franchisee in negotiation of construction contract for $1M+ restaurant build.
- Represented architects in drafting AIA construction contracts.