Matt Roland is an associate in the firm’s transactional and litigation practice groups. Matt reviews complex commercial contracts for clients across the construction industry, with a focus on risk allocation and dispute avoidance, consistent with each client’s specific business goals. Should a dispute arise, Matt performs legal research, document analysis, and brief writing to advance the client’s litigation strategy.
Matt earned his J.D. from Texas Tech University School of Law, where he honed his legal research, writing, and trial skills by seeking out challenging coursework and distinguished legal internships. Matt also participated in the school’s national advanced moot court program and served as the executive editor of his law journal, where his Comment was selected for publication. Prior to law school, Matt earned his bachelor’s degree in professional writing and rhetoric at St. Edward’s University, where he was a member of pre-law fraternity Phi Alpha Delta.
- Supreme Court of Texas (2019)
Industry Involvement and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Construction Law Section | Member (Present)
- Austin Bar Association, Construction Law Section | Member (Present)
- Austin Bar Association, Austin Young Lawyers Association | Member (Present)
- J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law (2019)
- Estate Planning and Community Property Law Journal: Executive Publication Editor, Volume XI (2018-2019); Staff Editor, Volume X (2017-2018)
- Texas Tech Law National Advanced Moot Court Team: Member (2017-2018)
- Board of Barristers Mock Trail Competitor (2016-2017)
- B.A., Professional Writing and Rhetoric, St. Edward’s University (2016)