Karly Houchin works primarily with engineers and architects on professional liability cases and on complex, multi-party disputes. Karly represents clients in front of professional licensing boards and has defended design professionals against design and construction defect claims, construction delay cases, and traffic control plan disputes. Known for her dedication to legal scholarship, Karly is often called upon by her colleagues to research complex case law and develop legal arguments.
She is a 2017 graduate of St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio, where she focused her studies on construction law and clerked at multiple construction litigation firms in the San Antonio and Austin areas. She also served as an extern from the Honorable Pamela Mathy of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, an experience that provided valuable insight into dispute resolution from a federal judge’s point of view.
Karly completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Texas at Austin, where she majored in Psychology and minored in Rhetoric and Writing.
- Supreme Court of Texas (2017)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas (2018)
Industry Involvement and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Construction Law Section | Member (2017-Present)
- State Bar of Texas, Insurance Law Section | Member (2018-Present)
- Austin Bar Association, Construction Law Section | Member (2017-Present)
- Austin Bar Association, Austin Young Lawyers Association | Member (2017-Present)
- Urban Land Institute | Young Leaders Committee (Present); Impact Awards Committee Member (2018)
- Austin Young Women’s Alliance | Board Member (2018-2019)
- Travis County Women Lawyers Association | Member (2017-Present)
- J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law (2017)
- The Scholar: St. Mary’s Law Review on Race and Social Justice: Managing Executive Editor
- Sandra Day O’Conner School of Law’s Law Review on Social Justice: Credit with honors awarded for publication
- William S. Sessions American Inn of Court: Student Member
- Judge K.K. Woodley Memorial Scholarship Recipient
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin (2014)