Sara Whittington “Whitney” Knight focuses on strategically crafting and negotiating large-scale commercial construction contracts for owners and design professionals to mitigate risk at the beginning of a project and to protect clients against costly disputes down the road.
In addition to her contract work, Whitney also handles construction litigation matters, professional liability issues, and dispute resolution cases. She has represented owners, architects, landscape architects, engineers, interior designers, contractors, and subcontractors in litigation, risk management, and contract drafting and negotiation.
A native of Austin, Whitney is passionate about preserving the City’s history and character while promoting sustainable development through her profession and through her leadership involvement in the Downtown Austin Alliance.
The Supreme Court of Texas (2010)
- The U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas (2018)
Industry Involvement & Memberships
- Downtown Austin Alliance | Board Member; Executive Committee Secretary
- Austin Bar Association, Construction Law Section | Member
- I Live Here I Give Here | BIG Give Committee Member
- Travis County Women Lawyers Association | Member
Austin Young Lawyers Association | Member
J.D., University of San Diego Law School, 2010
B.A., Political Science, with distinction, University of Colorado
- Downtown Austin Alliance
- I Live Here, I Give here, Big Give Committee, 2016, 2017
- Volunteer Legal Services Attorney
- Teen Court Volunteer